Today being well equipped and well-learned with technology is not a choice but a necessity. The super-fast pace at which the world is changing is leaving us no other choice. Especially in the light of recent events of the Covid outbreak when human contact is tried and being kept at a minimum and we hugely rely on machines and technology.
But what we have achieved in the technology field in the recent past is applaudable. If someone had said two or three decades ago that there will come a device that will be used to talk to our friends with, listen to music, play games, watch movies, surf the internet, read, write, and whatnot, that person surely is laughed at. But it’s a long journey we have traveled since that time. Sending hundreds of satellites to space at the same time, making automatic cars, supercomputers. We still have a long way to go but these achievements cannot be overlooked.
So, in this article, we will see the top 10 technology trends of the world this year.
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) – Robotic process automation follows up the use of in order to automate businesses. There are many tasks in a business that are now done by software that were once handled by humans such as application interpretation, transaction processing, data dealing and replying to emails. Basically, these are the repetitive tasks that robotic process automation carries out.
It is a sad truth that the livelihoods of many are hindered when technology takes their jobs away but it also creates different job opportunities. Robotic process automation developers can make over 5,34,000 rupees per annum.
- Virtual Reality (VR) & Augmented Reality (AR) – Virtual reality, Augmented reality and Extended reality are an exceptional tech trend. Virtual reality immerses the user in a virtual environment while Augmented reality enhances the environment. Though this tech is primarily used for gaming purposes thus far, there are secondary purposes too like training uses through simulation software to train US Navy, army, and coast guard ship captains. The fields of AR and VR are expected to grow to $209.2 billion by 2022.
Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) – Artificial Intelligence is a buzz feeder. Everywhere you go, everywhere you look, you will see some sort of sign of artificial intelligence. Navigation app, video games, smartphone personal assistants are some examples.
In near future, Artificial Intelligence can be further used for analyzing markets for any commodity by analyzing customer behavior, help predict demand for services, and help the markets grow simultaneously. On some scale, it is still being used by the likes of tech giants such as Google, Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, etc. in getting real-time information and analyzing it.
The artificial intelligence market is predicted to grow to $190 billion by 2025 with global spending reaching over $57 billion in 202. On the other hand, artificial intelligence also offers some of the highest paid jobs ranging from $125,000 per annum to $145,000 per annum.
- Machine Learning – Machine learning is a subpart of artificial intelligence which is also hugely used in all kinds of industries. This is a job that requires high skill proficiency and so the demand for skilled professionals is high in this field. This is one of the highest paying jobs of around $125,000 per annum. According to predictions, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and automation will create 9% of new jobs by 2025. There are many sub-categories such as robot monitoring professionals, data scientists, automation specialists, and content curators under these job predictions.
- Internet of Things (IoT) – All of the data and even many ‘things’ are built with the use of the internet, so they can be connected to the internet and to each other and hence ‘internet of things’. Internet of things is future which has already enabled devices, cars, home appliances and much more to be connected to and exchange data through the internet.
We are already using IoT in many ways, we can lock doors remotely, Preheat ovens, track our fitness with our Fitbit. However, IoT can ensure better results and safety to businesses too by helping in decision-making with reliable and analyzed data.
- 5G – Now my personal favorite, 5G tech. 3G and 4G internet have enabled us to browse internet-4G way more than 3G, use data-driven services, and have given us increased bandwidths for online streaming such as on YouTube, Spotify, Netflix. And all of the telecom companies like Nokia Corp, Apple, Jio, Qualcomm are now working on 5G applications.
- Cyber Security – Cybersecurity has been around for a while now but it is an emerging tech because it is developing just like any other tech field. And to be frank I think cybersecurity will always be an emerging field because the threats that hackers, trying to illegally access data, impose will always be different in its own way and so new. Such hackers will always try to pull off something like this and will always impose a threat. This field is a rapidly growing field with job opportunities growing faster than three times any other field.
- Blockchain – Usually people drift to cryptocurrencies with the mention of blockchain but blockchain provides security that can be used otherwise too. To explain blockchain in simple terms, it is data that you can only add to, not take from. Thus, the word ‘chain’. Because you cannot change previous data, blockchain is very secure and doesn’t need a third party to validate or oversee transactions. The average salary for a blockchain developer in India is about 8 lakh rupees per annum.
- Edge Computing – Cloud computing was a new tech trend that gradually became mainstream and it is still growing because every day more and more businesses adopt cloud computing but it is not an emerging Tech trend anymore. Edge computing is.
The quantity of data that organizations have to deal with is increasing every day and cloud computing is falling short of dealing with all the data and so edge computing is used to solve some of the issues. By 2022, the industry is supposed to reach $6.72 billion.
- Quantum Computing – Quantum computing is an amazing tech trend that is helping to prevent the spread of coronavirus, to develop the vaccines by its ability to query, monitor, analyze and act on data. Another field where it applies well is Banking and Finance, to help and manage credit risk, high-frequency trading, and fraud detection. This industry is expected to grow over $2.5 billion by 2029.